Monday 13 July 2015

Let's talk about Monster High at Comic-Con!

As you might know, this past weekend was San Diego Comic Con! From the comfort of my home, I was following the reveals from Monster High, and I thought I'd gather them all together here with my thoughts. None of the photos are mine, but all are credited to who they belong to.

Let's start with a bit of a preview photo from the man himself, Garrett Sander, the creator of Monster High!


What a tease! Let's get into it!


Preview Night

Wednesday was preview night, so there weren't any official reveals, however, there were a few new ghouls and mansters in the display cases!

The first was Finnegan Wake, and he is one of the dolls I'm most looking forward to! Apparently he'll be online exclusive to the Mattel shop in the US, but available in stores internationally. That's an interesting tactic, but I guess we will see!


Next, I have a few photos from Kataramov on Tumblr and Instagram. She got lots of great shots!


Some of the new vinyl figures were on display. Love this Abbey!



And these new chase figures! Sadly these are Target exclusive, so it's going to be tricky to get my hands on them...but I'll put in the work for that Ghoulia! Look at her amazing metallic hair!

Speaking of Ghoulia, she also got a good shot of the Love's Not Dead two pack, which I am not-so-patiently waiting to appear in North America!


Next, there were some of the new Ghoul Fair/Scarnival Booth dolls on display that go hand in hand with the Freak Du Chic line.


We hadn't seen Draculaura or Skelita yet, and I think that Skelita in particular is pretty neat! I love her pinata purse!
And next to Draculaura and Skelita, we have strongman Clawd!


I really like this Clawd, actually. I love his outfit, and his original hat is back!

There were a lot of Frightmares on display, which I can honestly say are not my favourite thing Monster High has ever released...


But this deer one is probably my favourite.

Also in the display case was something we knew about, but it's still fun to see it in "person!"


A new werecat twin two pack, with a new scooter! I think these two are pretty cute, actually, and I still don't actually own the werecat twins at all.

Thursday

Thursday gave us our first daily reveal!


Vinyl pets! These may not be the most exciting reveal ever, but I think they're really cute actually. I'll definitely need to get Sir Hoots a Lot!

Garret also gave us some good up close photos of each pet, so let's have a look!


Sir Hoots a Lot...


Count Fabulous...


Watzit...


And Crescent! I think these will be great for people who missed out on basic dolls and have always wanted the pets to go with their dolls. I hope they make more, especially for pets we've heard about but never got with our dolls, like Vandala's squid, Eye-eye!

Garrett also showed us the new City Ghouls three pack, featuring Luna Mothews, Mousecedes King and Elle Eedee from Boo York, Boo York in more casual outfits.


I way prefer their looks in this set to their solo outfits, so I'm probably going to wait and pick this up rather than their individual dolls. Especially because their solo dolls are FORTY DOLLARS up here in Canada, which I am just never going to pay. Nope!

Friday

Anyways, let's move on to Friday!

On Friday, we met one of the new Monster Exchange ghouls, Isi Dawndancer!

Credit: Monster High

She's the daughter of the deer spirit, and she hails from Boo Hexico!

Credit: Garrett Sander


She just has such a sweet face! I love her little freckles and her dear nose!

Credit: allystration.tumblr.com

And hooves! I love that she has hooves! I wish we would've gotten to see Batsy and Kjersti too, but Isi is gorgeous, so it's all good!

Saturday

Saturday is always a big day at SDCC, so I was eagerly looking forward to see what Monster High had for us! We got two reveals on this day, both from a new upcoming movie called Great Scarrier Reef.


The first was Peri and Pearl Serpentine, the daughters of the Hydra...


And the second was Toralei as a lionfish mermaid! Very cool!


Aren't they just gorgeous? These two photos are again credit to Kataramov. I just can't get over the fact that Monster High is making a two headed mermaid, in a line of dolls directed at young girls. So cool!

Sunday

And finally, it's Sunday! The last day of the convention, and we got a few sweet reveals.


Candy coated Rochelle and Twyla vinyls, exclusive to Target!

Courtesy of everaftermonsters, here are a few more photos!


These are definitely cute, but I don't think I need to get them...what do you think?

We also got a bit of a surprise reveal on Sunday, Great Scarrier Reef Frankie!


She's an electric eel! I love how creative these mermaids are. It's so Monster High to not just stick a tail on them, but to really think about it and make each of them unique!

At the Monster High panel on Sunday, fans were also shown a clip from Boo York, Boo York, and I have to say, I'm pretty excited for this movie!


I hope we get a Pharaoh/Seth Ptolemy doll eventually, maybe in a two pack with Catty?

So, what do you think of this years reveals? What has you most excited to get your hands on? For me, it's definitely Finnegan and Isi, though the Great Scarrier Reef dolls are amazing too!



3 comments:

  1. It's awesome to see all these new/upcoming releases in one post!

    It's funny - Every time I think that Monster High has no where else to go, they do something like come up with all of these mer-characters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Just when you think they've done it all, TWO HEADED MERMAID! Monster High is pretty incredible!

      Delete
  2. I love everything! What an amazing line this has turned out to be. I remember when they first came out, I thought nothing of these dolls and now I am trying to catch up, there are just so many and every season they get more and more creative. I can't get over Ghoulia's beehive hair in the SloMo 2 pack. :) Great photos!

    ReplyDelete